COJ DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
OPPORTUNITY CENTRE – CITY DEEP
The Department of Economic Development has rolled Opportunity Centres (OCs) across the city to provice range of integrated services to support the SMMEs in line with the city’s objectives to grow the economy of Johannesburg and create much needed jobs. So far, seven OCs were opened i.e. in Johannesburg CBD (Khoebo OC), Roodepoort, Isiwqalo OC, Diepsloot OC, Thlabologo OC, Klipfonteinview OC, Thusanag OC, Alexandra OC, Ikamvalethu OC, Diepkloof (Soweto), Atlegang OC, and Montclare OC, Simunye OC. Two new business centres have been opened in Eldorado Park and Joburg Market. These Opportunity Centres serve as one-stop-shops for emerging and established SMMEs who require advice and support to grow their businesses. The City has partnered with various government and private organisations to provide effective support.
standard services provided for free
The following standard services are provided at all Opportunity Centres for free:
- General Business information and guidance
- Company registration
- Business plan assessments
- Gap analysis
- Development plans
- Training sessions on issues such as Financial Literacy, marketing, Sales, and operations management, tax compliance, etc.
- Facility usage such as the use of meeting rooms, boardrooms and internet services for business research.
- Funding research and Facilitation including funding product awareness and guidance on application processes
- Assistance with the City’s supplier and database compliance
- Business idea generation and supply chain training to improve access to markets
- Referrals to relevant business support services
- Free access to Wi-fi
All Opportunity Centres will host an opportunity seeker’s database where job seekers can submit their CVs.
Government and the private sector will be able to access the database to link Registered job-seekers to work opportunities.
For all opportunity centers' contact details download the COJ guideline document here.
+27(0) 11 061 3152