COLD STORAGE AND RIPENING FACILITIES
Joburg Market (JM) Complimentary Services consist of Banana Ripening and Cold Storage facility.
- The Cold rooms consist of 56 cold rooms with the total storage capacity of 4200 pallets.
- The cold rooms’ storage temperature range from 0oC to 12o
- There are three different types of the cold room’s facility usage for Stakeholders, Namely:
- Market Cold Room: these rooms are fully controlled by the Joburg Market Staff. The Market currently charges R10.95 per pallet per day excluding Vat
- Hired Rooms: these rooms are managed by the users.
- Agent Assigned Rooms: these rooms are controlled by the Joburg Market Staff and Market Agents.
- Banana ripening facility consists of 57 ripening rooms with a storage capacity of 1700 pallets.
- Ripening temperatures range from 12-16ºC (bananas), 32ºC (paw-paws) 24oC (Avocados).
- Banana Ripening charges R17.20 per pallet per day excluding Vat.